Friday, March 9, 2012

Grace

I was cleaning my room and listening to my music when I heard this song called unredeemed.
   The lyrics:
                 The cruelest words/ the coldest heart/ the deepest wounds/ the endless dark/ the lonely ache/  the burning tears/ the bitter night/ the wasted years/ life breaks and falls apart/ but we know these are/ places where grace is / soon to be so amazing/ it may be unfullfilled/ it may be unrestored/ but when anything thats shattered is laid before the Lord / just watch and see/ it will not be unredeemed/ for every choice that led to shame/ and all the love that never came / for every vow that someone broke/  and every life that gave up hope/ we live in the shadow of the fall / but the cross says these are all...just/ places where grace is/ soon to be amazing/ it may be unfullfilled/ it may be unrestored/ but when anything that shattered is laid before the Lord / just watch and see/ it will not be unredeemed/ places where grace is / soon to be amazing/ it may be unfullfilled/ it may be unrestored / you never know the miracles/  the Father has in store /  just watch and see / it will not be / just watch and see /  it will not be UNREDEEMED.

It reminded me of the scripture ...but where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
                                                                                                              -Romans 5:20
Gods grace is sufficient to cover every sin, its more than enough

This is another song I heard recently and I like it lots.
The Promise:
I never said that I would give you silver or gold
Or that you would never feel the fire or shiver in the cold
But I did say you'd never walk thru this world alone
And I did say don't make this world your home


I never said that fear wouldn't find you in the night
Or that loneliness was something you'd never have to fight
But I did say I'd be right there by your side
And I did say I'll always help you fight


'Cause you know I made a promise that I intend to keep
My grace will be sufficient in your time of need
My love will be the anchor that you can hold on to
This is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you


I never said that friends would never turn their backs on you
Or that the world around you wouldn't see you as a fool
But I did say like me you'll surely be despised
And I did say My ways confound the wise


I didn't say you'd never taste the bitter kiss of death
Or have to walk thru chilly Jordan to enter into rest
But I did say I'd be waiting right on the other side
And I did say I'll dry every tear you've cried


'Cause you know I made a promise that I've prepared a place
And someday sooner than you think you'll see me face to face
And you'll sing with the angels and a countless multitude
This is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you


So just keep on walking don't turn to the left or right
And in the midst of darkness let this be your light
That hell can't separate us and you're gonna make it thru
This is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you
Oh, this is the promise, this is the promise I've made to you

No comments:

Post a Comment